All property photos
1: skill in a particular craft.
2: the quality of design and work shown in something made by hand; artistry.
There’s a tremendous amount of craftsmanship between having a great idea and having a great product. ~ Steve Jobs
A Modern Craftsman by a Modern Craftsman
Custom-built with creativity and flair by seasoned local builders on one of the last vacant parcels in the Easton Addition, this striking, craftsman-style inspired home marries a timeless organic aesthetic, the quality of Burlingame’s original, now centenarian, houses, and the amenities, technology, and resilience of a new construction home. Working with a “family” of trusted subcontractors, the artisan owner-builder has been on site every day and involved in every inch and detail of the project. Fortuitously sited for exceptional privacy and light, 1321 is airy and softly modern, with high and vaulted ceilings, white walls, rich hardwood floors. Extensive use of natural materials, quality finishes and workmanship transcend trends. A central great room connects to separated, retreat-friendly spaces including a unique glass-walled den or home office. The detached studio ADU, thoughtfully designed and located, expands living and entertaining spaces, enhancing the functionality and privacy of the sun-soaked west-facing backyard haven.
Set on an approx. 6000sf lot, the two-story main house of approx. 3003sf and the detached studio ADU of approx. 432sf combine for finished living area of approx. 3435sf.
The main house includes four bedrooms (three upstairs, one on the main level, each with a dedicated bathroom), a striking glass-walled den or home office, the central great room combining living, dining and kitchen spaces, and separate powder, laundry and mudrooms.
The studio ADU (fifth bedroom), with full bathroom and kitchen, vaulted ceilings and skylights, is highly flexible space with multiple usage options: rec/family room, additional guest or extended family space, home business/office option, or a separate rental unit. Adjoining the ADU is a generous one-car garage with laundry hookups. The thoughtful ADU/garage “L” design creates space by shortening the driveway and maximizes the sunny, west-facing backyard’s size and unusual privacy.
Roosevelt Elementary, Burlingame Intermediate School, and Burlingame High School (Buyer to confirm districting and enrollment).
Main House Details:
- High ceilings, white walls and woodwork throughout create visual serenity and volume. Contrasting walnut hardwood floors combine old-world quality with today’s aesthetic: sanded and finished in place, seamless, softly matte
- Natural light fills the wide and gracious entry and central hallway with coat closet
- Striking interior glass wall opens to a room near the entry that works as a den or home office retreat. Matching glass-paned doors out to covered front porch with treehouse view
- Side alcove-hallway with recessed cabinet is the access to a private powder room with craftsman-style wainscoting and custom Calacatta marble-topped vanity
- Second entrance from driveway to mudroom/drop zone has matching glass-paned doors. Full height built-ins including a bench, storage cubbies, and overflow pantry space
- Airy great room combines living, dining and kitchen spaces. A multi-paneled sliding door goes straight out to private backyard
- Living room has gas fireplace with honed Valentino dolomite surround and wood beam ceiling detail
- Large dining room with textured, woven chandelier
- Spacious kitchen with 9-foot+ island, pendant lighting and counter seating. Finishes include Shaker-style cabinets, Mont Blanc quartzite countertops, and ceramic tile backsplash. Stainless steel Thermador appliances are wifi-enabled and include a six-burner gas range, hood, dishwasher, multi-functional electric double ovens with microwave/convection/steam/speed, and a built-in refrigerator with a deep pull-out freezer. A Zephyr beverage center is conveniently located at one end of the island. Deep stainless steel farmhouse-style sink is centered under an expansive window overlooking the patio and garden
- Main level bedroom suite at front of house is private and quiet. En suite bathroom has walk-in shower, and textured, organic finishes including a Calacatta marble-topped vanity, Arteriors lighting, glazed ceramic tile, and natural stone floor
- Wide staircase with vaulted ceiling and custom iron and walnut railing ascends to upper level landing area and hallway. Corner built-in and a linen closet with adjustable shelves
- Primary bedroom with vaulted ceiling and treetop views. Two large walk-in closets, each with custom built-ins. Large en suite bathroom retreat with luminous glazed tile, custom mirrors, heated limestone floors, walk-in double shower, and an endless Calacatta-topped double vanity. Three quarter wainscoting detail defines bathing alcove with free-standing tub
- Two additional bedrooms and bathrooms on the upper level. Bedrooms have vaulted ceilings and generous closets with custom built-ins. Bathrooms have shower/tub combos, and finishes are in a soft, timeless neutral palette
- Upper level laundry room with utility sink, generous additional storage, and space for side by side washer and dryer. Tile floor, soft glazed tile and a window for natural light and ventilation
Detached ADU and Garage Details:
- Studio ADU is a fifth bedroom. Main room with sliding door to patio and garden, natural stone floor, vaulted ceiling and skylights. Designed to be highly flexible space: rec/family room, additional guest or extended family space, home business/office option, or a separate rental unit
- Full kitchen with deep farmhouse-style sink and stainless steel Bosch appliances including a full refrigerator, four-burner induction range, microwave/hood combo, dishwasher
- Custom built-in closet and more storage along hallway to private bathroom with walk-in shower
- Attached one-car garage is generously sized. Laundry hook-ups, automatic wifi-enabled garage door and EV-ready outlet. Additional EV-ready outlet in driveway
Property Exterior and System Details:
- Milgard windows with lifetime warranty
- 50-year high-definition presidential asphalt shingle roof
- All exterior flashings, gutters and downspouts are copper
- Custom exterior moldings and millwork crafted from redwood and cedar. Some redwood was repurposed from the original wisteria arbor on the property
- Traditional stucco application with acrylic color coat (not paint)
- Pavered driveway, custom exterior iron railings, custom milled cedar ceilings, ipe front porch
- Extensive use of natural stone in exterior finishes and hardscape
- Landscaping by Flora Farms. Automatic irrigation system and landscape lighting
- Owned solar
- Main house is both gas and electric. ADU is all electric
- Tankless water heater and a recirculating pump in the main house
- AC in both main house and ADU. Main house has two gas furnaces/zones and ADU has an electric heat pump
- Smart home features include Nest thermostats, hard-wired wifi boosters, wifi-enabled kitchen appliances, wifi-enabled garage door
Located 15 miles from downtown San Francisco, Burlingame is a populous suburb with a thriving commercial base of its own. The city stretches from San Francisco Bay to the east, Interstate 280 to the west, Millbrae to the north, and Hillsborough and San Mateo to the south.
Burlingame calls itself the City of Trees and counts 18,000 trees on public land and right-of-ways -- including several large stands of eucalyptus.
The Broadway and Burlingame Avenue corridors are popular shopping districts, but the city has commercial interests as well. Industrial growth in Burlingame was spurred in the 1960s and ’70s by its proximity to San Francisco International Airport, and the city is home to Virgin America airlines and related service industries.
Landmarks in Burlingame include the distinctive Caltrain station at Burlingame Avenue and California Drive, built in 1894 in the Mission Revival style. Nearby is Washington Park, which covers 19 acres and includes tennis courts, baseball fields, a basketball court, a picnic area, a playground, and plenty of green space. A more obscure landmark is the Burlingame Museum of Pez Memorabilia on California Drive.
650 281 3601